Sunday, July 10, 2011

My First Blog Post

Once I figure this out, you'll rarely read much about food on Facebook from me!  You'll get my thoughts here, and even better, you'll get my partner, Sally's thoughts here too!


Sally is without question, a better cook than I.  I am incredibly fortunate to have found her ... through our mutual friend, Ted. 

This blog is about a book ... still in progress ... it is a book about travels, travails, and other stuff ... that suggest something about food ... and great eating!  It is not a cookbook, though it will include 44 recipes.  This is a book about loving life!

You'll read from Sally and I about life and love on the road ... Sally's discoveries on the northern tip of her native Michigan ... and other places ... mine in places I was often sent. 

Our book, which still needs a title, is structured to 40 chapters ... and each are structured in a specific manner:
  • The story ... actually the point ... a reason to keep reading
  • Some facts and trivia ... relevant to the discussion
  • A recipe ... in four cases ... 2
  • A bibliography ... references to everything and anything relevant ... the most trusted ones will be part of the prose.  Others will be found in an Appendix to the book ... those that may or may not still be there.
I haven't totally figured out blogging yet ... but, as I get better, we'll make it easier for you to comment and suggest.

Thanx

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment